Due to its high absorptive capacity, activated charcoal has long been used to treat a variety of diseases.
Coal is capable of adsorbing up to 400 kinds of poisons (including lead acetate, strychnine), inorganic substances (chlorine, lead and mercury), and decay products of all kinds of drugs and alcohol, gases, carcinogens, radionuclides, heavy metals. Activated charcoal absorbs toxins and bacteria, facilitates vomiting, stomach cramps, neutralizes intestinal flu. Continue Reading →
Last year can easily be called the year of black masks with activated charcoal. They were absolutely in all social networks, they were sold at every step, it was impossible to hide from advertising. And advertising, in truth, impressive!
Put the mask on, waited a little, then – took off in one motion, cleaning all the pores from the dirt. Agree, you also wanted to try? Time – and not a single black point, no extended pores! In the race for perfectly clean skin, all means are good … Continue Reading →
Cleansing the bowels with activated charcoal is a proven and effective detox method. The modern world does not suffer from a deficiency in factors that pollute the body with slag and toxins, causing a bunch of illnesses (including deadly ones) and accelerating the aging process. Continue Reading →
The magnificence of clean, smooth and radiant skin has always been one of the main beauty trends in the world of beauty. Every girl or woman feels confident in any situation, if she knows what she looks like one hundred percent. Fresh, impeccable, naturally-beautiful skin is not only good in itself, but also is an ideal basis for creating a new make-up image. Therefore, it’s time to show yourself to the world in all its glory and make your skin excellent, which can be achieved at home without much expense and labor. And it helps you in this face mask with activated charcoal. Continue Reading →
In the search for the perfect black mask, questions are often asked what is better – gelatin, activated charcoal, salt, soda, all together or something else? This question is not entirely correct and there are two reasons for this.
First, because of individual sensitivity. What is good for one or even many, does not necessarily fit you.
Secondly, a black mask with any ingredients can well show itself against blackheads, because the composition is not important: coal, gelatin, protein or soda, but the fulfillment of certain rules. Continue Reading →
Activated charcoal, an adsorbent used mainly in water filtration devices and in medicine for intestinal disorders, can be a very effective component of cosmetics for facial skin care. We’ll figure out what is useful for coal for the skin and what are the useful recipes for masks based on it.
Impact of charcoal on the skin
Activated charcoal solves the whole complex of dermatological problems of the face:
- Reduces the fat content of the skin;
- Promotes the rapid cure of small foci of inflammation;
- Deeply cleans the pores of contaminants and excess sebum, contributing to the disappearance of black dots.
Indications and contraindications
A face mask with activated charcoal is recommended if you have at least one of the following skin problems:
- Dullness and weakness of the face associated with stress, lack of sleep or physical exhaustion;
- Presence of a large number of blackheads and blackheads;
- Expanded pores;
- Oily or combination skin type;
- Uneven pigmentation.
It is undesirable to use activated charcoal in the composition of facial products in the following cases:
- Presence of unhealed wounds or cuts;
- Recently removed acne;
- Vascular reticulum on the skin);
- Individual intolerance of the coal itself or components in the mask.
Read also: https://www.siobeauty.com/blogs/news/charcoal-face-masks
Recommendations for use
- The fresher the coal in the masks will be, the better, it will have better adsorption and will be easier to break into powder.
- The face mask with charcoal is aged for 10-15 minutes. If you have severe unpleasant symptoms (itching, burning, visible and significant redness), you should wash it off earlier and use a soothing tonic (or its simple equivalent, a decoction of chamomile). If these symptoms do not go away, you should take an anti-allergic drug and consult a doctor.
- Before applying the mask, the skin must be cleaned of make-up and dust accumulated during the day by washing with a special remedy.
- Allergy sufferers and owners of sensitive and prone to irritations of the skin should test the mixture on charcoal in standard for this place – on the skin behind the ear or on the inside of the elbow bend.
- If masks from coal are made regularly, then after a course of 1-2 months it is worth to make about the same length of the break.
- For better purification of the pores, they must be opened, therefore it is desirable to apply the mask to the pre-heated skin of the face. You can just wash with hot water, but it’s more efficient to hold your face over the steam of the herb broth or apply a cotton terry towel soaked in it for 3-5 minutes. Water or broth should be hot, but not burning.
- That the coal particles do not scratch the face, it should be crushed very well.
- After washing off the mask, it is recommended to use a moisturizing cream. If the sun is shining brightly in the street, a strong wind is blowing or it is very cold, then it is worth refraining from leaving the house for about an hour.
With all the undoubted merits, a mask of coal without adding other components is a bad idea. First, it is simply inconvenient to apply a fine powder to the face. Secondly, coal does not distinguish, useful or harmful substance it removes from the skin, and purification alone without concomitant moistening, softening and nourishment will lead to nothing good, there is a risk of dry skin, its peeling and irritation. This is bad in itself, and worsen the existing dermatological problems of the person instead of helping with their solution.
For the removal of the mask and additional cleaning and exfoliating action, a porous soft sponge will be useful, which after each use should be washed from particles of coal.
Read also: How to prepare a face mask from gelatin and activated charcoal?
Masks for the face with activated charcoal are famous for their magnificent cleansing effect. And one of the most famous recipes with this substance is a face mask, where gelatin and coal are present. Let’s take a closer look at all the subtleties of its preparation and use. Continue Reading →
The name “gelatin mask” for many sounds unusual. After all, traditionally this product is used to make jellies, jelly etc. It turned out that in cosmetology for gelatin there was a separate large niche. It has become an indispensable ingredient for activated charcoal masks. A significant difference of this product is its low cost and versatility, because it suits the owners of any type of skin. Continue Reading →