In the search for the perfect black mask, questions are often asked what is better – gelatin, activated charcoal, salt, soda, all together or something else? This question is not entirely correct and there are two reasons for this.
First, because of individual sensitivity. What is good for one or even many, does not necessarily fit you.
Secondly, a black mask with any ingredients can well show itself against blackheads, because the composition is not important: coal, gelatin, protein or soda, but the fulfillment of certain rules.
These are the rules:
- Do not wait for the effect from once. The course of masks against blackheads, for example, with activated charcoal, it is important to reinforce regular use of special cosmetics for fat-prone epidermis;
- The effectiveness of the black mask depends on the preparedness of the skin. The face should be steamed over a tray with a hot decoction of herbs, then charcoal, soda or gelatin can easily clean out the pores;
- The mask should be correctly applied and removed, usually along the lines of the least tension. A mask-film, based on gelatin or protein, should be removed in the direction upwards from the chin. Violation of this rule can lead to premature ptosis (sagging soft facial tissues);
- During the mask you need to rest. Almost any mask activates a rush of blood to the face, which improves the nutrition of the tissues. You will help this process if you lie with your legs raised slightly above the level of the head;
- Strong advice and inspirational reviews do not guarantee success. If you want the best result, then study yourself, the sensitivity of your skin, and the principles of the action of this or that ingredient. In the salon, this work is performed for you by a cosmetologist, but at home, someone must do it. If you do not know how the skin will react, then try a small amount of black mask on the elbow bend;
- Failures are inevitable. The mask may not give an effect or cause irritation to the sensitive skin. So you gain experience and learn to better understand your body;
- Against blackheads, an integrated approach is needed. After washing off the mask, wipe the face with a special tonic, then apply an emulsion or serum. Read also: Activated charcoal black soap, the dark side of beauty
Cheap, affordable, effective black mask
Gelatin and activated charcoal are frequent ingredients of masks against acne and black spots.
Gelatin is an affordable and natural source of collagen supporting the skin structure, and the sorption capacity of coal provides it with excellent cleansing and bactericidal properties.
Masks with coal must be applied once a week for six weeks.
You can make masks two and three times a week, but only once it can be a black mask based on coal, and the rest – with other components.
Next time after such a course, it will be possible to use charcoal for purification of pores in two months.
To prepare a conventional mask-film with gelatin, prepare the mixture (proportions: tablespoon gelatin, half a cup of liquid), as indicated on the package.
Gelatin with juice is an ideal option for a young oily skin, with milk – an excellent mask for dry skin prone, and gelatin with a decoction of herbs is a universal option.
The black mask should be kept on the face until the film freezes. The same recipe can be varied with activated charcoal, adding to the composition before applying to the skin a fine powder of two tablets of crushed coal.
Coal can be the only component of the mask against blackheads, not counting water.
Three tablets of activated charcoal must be crushed into fine dust, diluted with a small amount of water to the consistency of sour cream and applied to the face.
This mask is suitable only for young skin of fatty type. The coal will give it dullness, dry it, and narrow the pores.
Kaolin – white clay, is considered one of the most powerful means against blackheads. Its useful properties can be combined with the action of activated charcoal.
Good combination with coal is also green and black clay, the latter can be tried on normal skin of the face, the rest – on the skin of a fatty type or on fatty areas of combined skin.
A teaspoon of clay is mixed with a tablespoon of milk, add a mashed tablet of activated charcoal and apply the resulting mixture to the skin.
When it is completely dry and forms a crust, wash off the black mask, gently moisten with warm water, then wash with cold water and wipe the skin with a tonic.